My Work.
from Land, Aerial and Underwater

DIY (Do It Yourself) - Camera Car Rig (There's Always A Duck Tape!)

LOL - I'd rather call this an emergency rig.

It was not on our production plan, we have GoPro cameras with us (as I remembered) but I insisted we have to have this how to get there-traveling shot with the Canon 5D Mark II so I decided to duck-taped the 5D onto the car's front grill.

Ha! These pictures were taken on May 2015 while I was working for Younameit! Production, we went out filming to Sumatra. You can check their reels at http://younameit-id.com

Get the camera loaded with card and battery, keep the strap on and use it to strap the camera onto the grill, take it as your safety lanyard if the duck tape fails you. I used soft towel so the back of the camera and the lcd won't broke when its bumping around and make the first tape to lock your framing and get the correct angle. Then, continue duck-taping until you are pretty sure it is safe! LOL!

After you finish duck-taping, make sure the duck tape can hold the camera still, not bouncing or even dropping off from the car.

Make Sure Your Camera Is 'Safe'
Make sure your camera is safe, because it's expensive! One camera body + one L series lens would cost you some thousands bucks!

Put The Pedal To The Floor!
Now you're good to go! Put the pedal to the floor and don't forget to hit the record button, otherwise shame on you!

Remember, there's always a duck tape!

BUT! If you're a fancy of great gear and have big pocket, you can always buy the Camtree car rig here.


Otto Ferdinand Otto Ferdinand Author

Follow me on instagram

Follow me on instagram

Follow me on twitter

Follow me on twitter